The DJI Phantom Quadcopter with GoPro Mount is a remote controlled, four-propeller quadcopter with a removable GoPro camera mount for capturing POV footage of flight. The compact and lightweight Phantom is ready-to-fly right out of the box and it includes the remote control unit and receiver, which gives the device a transmission range of up to 984.25′ (300m). The Phantom also features an intelligent Naza-M + GPS multi-rotor autopilot system, which supports two flight modes and a failsafe function that will automatically trigger the device to land safely when control is lost.
The Phantom can reach horizontal flight speeds of 10m/s, as well as vertical speeds of 6m/s. Plus, the included lithium-polymer battery supports up to 15 minutes of sustained flight time. The Phantom also offers low voltage protection, which will blink the integrated LEDs red when your battery is running low. It will also land automatically if the power levels get low enough. The LED indicators also provide orientation of the Phantom for safely flying it at night.
Warning: Never use the DJI Phantom Quadcopter with your GoPro camera when both devices have their Wi-Fi systems turned on. The DJI Phantom’s Wi-Fi and the GoPro camera’s Wi-Fi run on the same frequency, so if you use them together when both Wi-Fi systems are engaged, the DJI Phantom’s transmitter will lose the ability to communicate with the DJI Phantom Quadcopter. Whenever this happens, you will not be able to tell the Phantom where to fly. This may result in loss of property or damage to your equipment.
- Streamlined Design
- The portable, streamlined design reflects the aesthetics of its industrial design, while also allowing you to easily pack it into a backpack for transport.
- Removable GoPro Camera Mount
- Phantom has an external removable camera mount for you to mount a lightweight GoPro camera or other similar camera. It allows you to conveniently capture flight footage for exciting POV shots.
- Ready-to-Fly Design
- The hardware mounting and software tuning are all done before delivery so the Phantom is ready-to-fly the moment you unpack the package; just charge the lithium-polymer battery and install transmitter batteries and some accessories like propellers.
- Includes Remote Control Unit
- Phantom contains a remote controller and receiver, which help you avoid the inconvenience of purchasing such things. The only thing you need to do is to add TX batteries (4x AA dry cell). The 2.4 GHz (ISM) frequency makes the effective control distance up to 984.25′ (300m) in ideal flight environments (it may be lower in certain flight environments). The frequency hopping anti-interference design allows multiple remote controllers to work at the same time, and provides a reliable remote communications link.
- Stable Performance
- Phantom has an integrated flight dynamics system, the Naza-M + GPS multi-rotor autopilot system, as well as a dedicated remote control unit and receiver. Flight parameters and functions have been set up before delivery and the proven stability of the Naza-M autopilot system allows you to easily achieve optimum flight performance.
- Two Flight Control Modes
- With the built-in Naza-M autopilot system plus a GPS module, the Phantom has GPS Altitude mode and Altitude Control Mode. Pilots can switch between the each mode to achieve a particular flight experience.
- Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
- Phantom features Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) using the Naza-M autopilot system. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor system is the same as the nose direction. The Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) supports two modes. In course lock flying, the forward direction is the same as a recorded nose direction. In home lock flying, the forward direction is the same as the direction from home point to the multi-rotor.
- Failsafe Function & Naza-M Autopilot System
- Phantom also has the failsafe function of the Naza-M autopilot system. This means when the communication between the remote controller and the transmitter is disconnected, the outputs of all command sticks from controller will go to the center position. If the GPS signal is good enough, the system will automatically trigger the Return To Home function for a safe landing.
- Low Voltage Protection
- Phantom offers two levels of low voltage protection, a function of the Naza-M autopilot system. It prevents your multi-rotor from crashing or other harmful consequences caused by low battery voltage. In the first level of protection, the LED indicator blinks red to warn you. In the second level protection the system will trigger the Phantom to land automatically.
- Maximum Horizontal Flight Speed of 10m/s
- The maximum horizontal flight speed of the Phantom can reach 10m/s and the maximum vertical speed is 6m/s. The perfect combination of speed and stability makes Phantom and excellent shooting accessory.
- High-Intensity LED Indicators
- Under each arm of the Phantom there are high intensity LED indicators that are used to help you see the Phantom’s orientation during flight – even at night.
- Battery Supports 10 to 15 Minutes of Flight Time
- Phantom includes a 3S 2200mAh lithium-polymer battery that weighs just 6 oz. It also includes a balance charger. With the all-in-one design and light airframe, the battery supports flying times of 10 to 15 minutes, which will give you a more extensive flight experience and longer recording sessions.